>> GUIDE >> PLAY GUIDE >> TOURNAMENT PLAY
Playing in Tournaments
Tournament Modes are game modes primarily comprised of battles in which 2 – 8 players compete against each other.
A variety of modes are available for players to choose from, such as individual fights, team battles, soccer and basketball.
Amped-style: Dogfight, Death Match, Sports Match
Team: Dogfight, Death Match, Sports Match
Prepare to battle...
There are two ways to battle: 1. Create a room and play, and 2. Join another player’s room and play.
Alternatively, if you haven’t learned the ropes yet you can 3. Observe a game to get the hang of it.
Creating a Game Room
1. Click on the “Tournament” tab in the channel lobby, and then click the “Create Room” button.
2. The Game Room Creation screen will open. Choose stages to play, set the game rules, and click “Create.”
[A] Room Name:
You can give your room a name. Your player name is set as the default name.
Click “Password” to assign a password to the game room you are creating.
[C] Tournament Mode List:
Lists the tournament modes you can currently play.
[D] Max People:
You can restrict the number of players who can play in your game room.
Set the game speed. The normal setting is “2”--the fastest setting.
Choose whether or not players can bring equipped items into the game.
Choose whether or not to allow NPCs (non player characters) in the game.
Enemy NPCs will appear when turned “On.”
3. Click “Ready” on the game room screen, and then “Start Game” to begin!
Participating in Other Player's Game Rooms
1. Select the name of the room you want to enter from the list of created game rooms, and click the "Enter Room" button to participate in that game room.
2. After you finish a stage, the battle results (scores) are displayed. When all the stages have been finished, overall results are tabulated.
Observing Game Rooms
1. As with participating in games, select the name of the room you want to enter from the list of created game rooms, and click the "Enter Room" button.
*Observers can chat in game rooms, but only observe during games. Up to three observers are allowed in a single game room.
*To quit observing a game that's underway, press the F1 - F5 keys on the keyboard.